Lara Nezami was born in Paris, France, in 1972. She received her bachelor's degree from Vassar College in Philosophy (B.A. 1994), and her law degree from George Washington University Law School (J.D. 1997). She is admitted to practice law in Florida and California.
Prior to joining the firm, Lara practiced as an attorney with the Public Defender's Office in Jacksonville, Florida for seven years (1997 - 2004), where she gained extensive trial experience. She has represented clients in virtually every area of criminal law including embezzlement, fraud, forgery, sex crimes, computer crimes, kidnapping, attempted murder, gun crimes, narcotics trafficking, aggravated battery, aggravated child abuse, armed robbery, burglary, car jacking, domestic violence, DUI and Jimmy Ryce civil commitments.
Lara currently handles a variety of white collar criminal defense matters and commercial disputes, including defending cases against the Federal Trade Commission and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Lara is a member of the Florida Bar, California Bar, Federal Bar and American Bar Associations.
- The George Washington University Law School, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D, - 1997
- Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, New York
- B.A. - 1994
- Major: Philosophy
- Sorbonne University, Paris
- Major: Intensive French
- Florida, 1998
- California, 2002
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- Criminal Law
Current Employment Position
- Office of Public Defender, Jacksonville Florida, Assistant Public Defender, 1997 to 2004
- Mandel & Mandel LLP, Miami, Florida
- American Bar Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Chester Bedell Inns of Court, Alumni
- Lawyers for Children America
- The Florida Bar, Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court, Alumnus