There are a lot of dangerous roads in the United States, and many of them are found right here in Florida. In fact, you might travel some of these treacherous roads as part of your daily commute. Let’s take a look at some of these hazardous drives in the Jacksonville area. Be sure to let us know if you think there are other dangerous roads that we’ve left off of the list.
- Beach Boulevard: This stretch of road is known for high traffic and an extensive number of pedestrians. Tourists who take their eyes off of the road can easily collide with stopped traffic, blow through a traffic signal or fail to yield to pedestrians. Even those who are experienced at driving in this area can struggle to navigate erratic driving behaviors exhibited by others, which can quickly lead to a wreck.
- Blanding Boulevard: This road also sees high traffic congestion, especially near I-295 and the mall. These high-volume traffic areas are susceptible to rear-end accidents that can result in serious damage and injuries.
- 103rd Street in Jacksonville: This long stretch of road sees hundreds of accidents each year. Some of them result in serious injuries, while others prove fatal.
- I-95: This Interstate sees hundreds of fatalities each year. Many of them are attributable to high-speed collisions, which can prove especially treacherous when multiple vehicles are involved. In fact, this Interstate is sometimes identified as the most dangerous road in America.
- State Road 32: Some intersections just prove to be treacherous. This is the case for State Road 32 where it intersects with U.S. 1. In recent years, this one intersection has seen nearly 100 accidents each year.
- Atlantic Boulevard: This road has one of the most dangerous intersections in Jacksonville, that being where Atlantic Boulevard crosses Southside Boulevard. In 2020 alone, that intersection saw 69 wrecks. With traffic having increased in recent years, it wouldn’t be surprising if that number increased.
We know there are a lot of other dangerous roads in our area. Which ones do you think should make the list?
Why do devastating accidents continue to occur?
There are a number of factors contributing to these wrecks. High speed, distraction and intoxication are among the most commonly seen driving behaviors that put other motorists in harm’s way, but aggressive maneuvering in high-traffic areas with difficult traffic patterns can also play a significant role.
Regardless of how one of these accidents occurs, victims are often left to pick up the pieces on their own. This means struggling to find a way to put food on the table and keep a roof over their head when their injuries prevent them from working. These crashes also leave these victims without the financial resources they need to cover their medical bills and secure the care and treatment that they need to recover as fully as possible from their injuries.
Find accountability for your accident injuries
If you or a loved one have been injured in a wreck on one of Jacksonville’s most dangerous roads, you need to be prepared to take legal action if you want to find accountability and recover compensation for the damages that you have suffered. That’s no easy feat, especially considering that personal injury cases tend to have a number of complications that have to be successfully navigated if you want to achieve your desired outcome.
But that’s why skilled legal teams like the one at our firm stand ready to help you analyze the facts surrounding your crash and develop the sound legal strategy that you need to position yourself for success. If that appeals to you, please continue to read our website to see what our firm has to offer its clients.